Tuesday 16 December 2008

Regarding Sickness in the Church! by Philip Bell

In case I'm too boring...

Otherwise, keep reading.

Pet Hate: Procrastination

Pet Love: Twitter
Subject of Admiration: The pretty wrapping paper

I just finished reading an online article, Sickness in the Church! by Philip Bell. I can fairly confidently say I agree with it 100%. If you look at the problems with how people--inside and outside the church--think these days, you will easily be able to link it back to a belief that the theory of evolution is fact.

It relates to some issues I've been thinking about recently, especially since watching the movie Someone Like You on the weekend. The main character, Jane, comes up with a theory on relationships called the 'new cow' theory. It is based on some research she read about how a bull will not mate with the same cow twice. She holds to this theory after a break up, even writing up an article under a pseudonym to let others in on her insight. However, she soon realises the theory is less backed by research and more by her desire to believe she's not the one with problems. The movie renewed my realisation that attitudes in the world often result from believing man is comparable to cow.

It is far too easy to rationalise just about anything you like if man is nothing more than an evolved cow. Using this thinking, people can become confused about the Scripture and start wondering if it makes sense at all. God wrote that book, though. It will make sense. I once read an interesting webcomic, E and μ, which declared that "Science, It works! within reason". Understanding that God is that reason will make everything a lot clearer. Science works within God not the other way around.

No comments:

Reading Disclaimer

Although I am a creationist, I do not support every opinion offered by those purporting to be creationists. The only way to know my opinion, is to hear me speak.

Past Oddities