Friday 17 October 2008

The Biblical approach to debating

In case I'm too boring...

Otherwise, keep reading.

Pet Hate:
Negativity
Pet Love: Dad's cups of tea
Subject of Admiration: Daddy

2 Timothy 2:24-26 (NKJV) Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, 26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will. [My emphasis]

Although that verse above is enough for a post I'll add that this was the memory verse for persuasive (actually, just vs 25) in my school curriculum. And also that neither I nor God (I dare say) thinks you're some sort of Satanist if you believe in evolution. Let's be rational here.

By the grace of God, I attempt to be gentle, able, patient and humble in every debate/arguement/discussion/whatever in which I participate.

No comments:

Reading Disclaimer

Although I am a creationist, I do not support every opinion offered by those purporting to be creationists. The only way to know my opinion, is to hear me speak.

Past Oddities